Thursday, January 10, 2013

Alive and Creature

Starting this week, I plan on posting a new piece of art here at least once a week till finals start and then after graduation.

The piece for today is a self portrait I did for Computer Illustration 1 over the summer. We had to create a surreal self portrait of ourselves. It didn't have to look like us as long as someone could recognize it as us. I created an arctic wolf okapi that I dressed up in clothing that I normally were every day. This was one of my first real digital paintings I've really done successfully and I learned a ton while doing it. The main things were that even in digital painting, underpaintings or quick speed painting studies help a lot. Also shortcuts are your friend.

Hope you all enjoy. Here is also my process of the painting.

~Danea

No comments:

Post a Comment